Saturday, March 16, 2013

What an Awkward Night...
Earlier today, I drove over to the East Egg to visit my cousin, Daisy. Once I arrived at her house, her husband, Tom Buchanan, came out and greeted me. He introduced me to a beautiful lady named Jordan Baker, who I later found out is a golf player. The four of us ate dinner together at the round table that had been arranged with some floral scented candles. Though the setting was formal and the food was delicious, I didn't really enjoy the evening. Part of it was because their conversation bored me. During the meal, there was a phone call addressed to Tom. Miss Baker told me it was Tom's lover in New York. It didn't surprise me that such a handsome, rich and heavily built man like Tom has more than one woman. The thing that amazed me, however, was Daisy's composure. She acted calmly as if the person on the other end of the phone was some guy who Tom works with. 

How I felt during my dinner with Daisy, Tom, and Miss Baker..




.

No comments:

Post a Comment