Monday, March 18, 2013

The Secret Reveals
Miss Baker called me and said  there was something important she wanted me to know. So I met up with her for lunch. She told me that the mysterious man, Gatsby, is in love with my cousin, Daisy. She also said that the two were in love with each other before the war. Gatsby was a lieutenant and Daisy was a beautiful young daughter of a wealthy family. Unfortunately, because Gatsby had to leave for the war, their relationship ended. Daisy moved on and married to Tom. According to Miss Baker, Gatsby had waited five years and bought his colossal mansion so that he could be near Daisy. She added that he threw extravagant parties just to impress Daisy. And now, Gatsby wanted her to convince me to arrange a meeting between Daisy and him. After hearing this, I finally understood why I was invited to Gatsby's party the other night. It was because he wanted me to do him a favor. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment